Sunday 18 August 2013

Elimination diet - day 3 & 4

Okay, I didn't manage to post yesterday, so I'm going to do a 2-in-1 post here today :)

Day 3 was a Sunday for me, and my hubby's birthday.  The kids all bought him chocolate and sweets for his presents and they were all munching away on them all day. Lunch was fresh french sticks from the bakery with butter (not the most nutritious food I know...it was a treat).  We had dinner with the in-laws and there was blue cheese (my fav!), sun-dried tomatoes and other tasty nibbles that I usually love.  There was also lots of cake, dessert (my MIL makes a mean Lemon Heaven dessert!) and ice-cream after dinner.  I am really happy to say that I wasn't even tempted to eat any of that stuff!  I really do think that Chromium is amazing stuff!  

I had told my MIL in advance what I am able to eat at the moment, and she was very happy to accommodate, so that was good!  The veges weren't cooked as soft as I am supposed to be eating right now and I don't know what kind of oil she roasted the veges in (I didn't want to issue to many instructions!  I'm difficult enough as it is!), but I didn't have any major symptoms last night, so I guess the digestive enzymes and HCI are helping some. 

I am just blown away that I am not having any cravings at all, and my taste buds are quite satisfied with what I'm eating.  So far I have been totally happy (!) with my very bland diet...I just eat when I'm hungry.  All those good fats I'm eating at the moment are very satisfying too, and help me fill up.  I'm getting the bulk of my calories from fat at the moment, mostly from ghee, fat from the chicken bone broth, avocado oil, RBD coconut oil, and I also picked up some virgin coconut oil yesterday.

I've been having hot rooibos tea with coconut oil in between meals, and I'm also working on a frappe type smoothie with gelatine.  My usual recipe has gelatine (1TBS), 1/2 tsp guar gum and egg yolks, but since I can't have those, I'm experimenting with making it with just cooled rooibos tea, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, coconut oil and gelatine (and lots of ice of course!).  It isn't emulsifying like my usual recipe (to be expected) but it's still pretty good.  Will post the recipe when I get the quantities right...this mornings one was too thick and jelly-like (I used 2 TBS of gelatine).

Food:
Hmm...I'm thinking it's going to get pretty boring if keep posting what I'm eating...it's just been chicken, chicken livers, bone broth, gelatine smoothies, coconut oil, ghee, green beans, zucchini, carrots (roasted and pureed with coconut oil and cinnamon) fermented ginger carrots and...hmm, yeah, that's pretty much it!  Oh I did eat a wee bit of bacon today...not totally on plan, because it's just standard supermarket bacon, but not too bad a "cheat" I figure.

For the last two days, I have been feeling...
Pretty good...was having some random stomach cramps yesterday but so far so good today.  Still bloated, but less so than the first two days.  A little bit gassy still, but not too awful.  Emotionally, I'm feeling good, a little tired though as my 3 year has been waking during the night for days. 

Exercise:
Yesterday; none.  Today, I went for a 30 minute walk...might squeeze in 10-20 minutes of pilates later on.

Sleep:  
Less than 6 hours the night before last (late night + the 3 year old woke me up at 5.40am)
Last night, about 8 hours, but lost maybe an hour of that around 2am with the 3 year old waking again.

 Cravings:
As I already mentioned...none so far...seriously amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment